I’ve been tinkering with python for almost five years now. I am absolutely in love with the language. My new goal is to make enough contributions to the project to join the core team.
This post is my attempt to keep a list of all that I’ve done in this endeavor. I will keep this up to date on a monthly basis.
Short Term Goals
- Ship some actual code. Focus on improving test coverage.
- Attend the next available local meetup.
- Get this PR merged.
- Work on some other low hanging fruit from bedevere.
- Reported an issue with Vagrant and Ansible on the pythondotorg repo, and assisted with testing the resolution. (note, for any future newbies, reporting issues, writing docs, testing PRs, these are all super valuable things that you can do to get more familiar with a projects code base).
- Substantial refactoring of the dev guide merged.
- Reached out to the core workflow team to see if we could introduce CircleCI into the Python organization. This addresses the PoC showed in this PR.
- First “official” contribution is adding a
#to a URL in a doc. Hey, you gotta start somewhere.