- Move to Minnesota
- Start working on a Political Science / Journalism Degree
- Sign up for a Go Daddy Account
- Make a horrible and lazy website
- Sign up for an Indiegogo Account
- Know absolutely nothing about Hardware Manufacturing, Linux Development, or Mobile Devices
- Steal Some Screenshots of random things happening and put them on top of other screenshots of white label tablet mockups. (Be sure to use a pirated version of PhotoShop for this step).
- Make a low budget Apple commercial (be sure to be writing things with a marker).
- Think about how much it would cost to develop, manufacture, test, market, and ship a new tablet that runs an unreleased mobile version of a popular Linux Distribution.
- Ignore the costs from step 9 and ask for $36,000
- Set up a CrowdFunding Campaign on the site from Step 5. Be sure to use Flexible Funding which means that you get paid regardless of whether or not your goal is reached.
- Somehow manage to get 156 people to give you money.
- Fail to reach your funding goal.
- Provide sporadic updates on how things are moving forward in a positive direction with your amazing new product with your final update talking about manufacturing difficulties in China.
- Take down your horrible website from Step 4 and ignore all future emails and comments from anyone that has to do with this project.
This worked for Nikki Wertish of the UbuTab scam, and I am sure that it can work for you too!
UPDATE: I wrote a less trolly follow up article to this, check it out to learn more about the UbuTab Scam.
You can add a comment via Email. Or use the embedded discourse form shown below: