I was a Hospital Corpsman in the United States Navy from 2006 to 2011 where I achieved the rank of E5. I then briefly joined the Navy Reserves until 2013 where I made one more rank and left the military as an E6. It feels like a different life at this point, but I look back on this time mostly fondly.
The posts here are mostly from a very old blog where I prolifically posted musings while working in a hospital and dreaming of becoming a doctor.
- My First Stick
- The Dialysis Ward
- USNS Comfort - Welcome Home!
- Almost Done With Class
- A Little Recognition Goes A Long Way
- Secrets to Happiness by Sarah Dunn
- The Weekend of a Hemodialysis Student
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Twitter is the bearer of bad news
- Plasma Exchange
- Back in Portsmouth
- Macbook Pro, long lines, another hotel
- The Weather in Virginia
- Another Falled Brother and Sister.
- Change is Coming and Kidney School
- National Medal of Honor Day
- Pre Test
- What I learned in Module 1 of Kidney School
- The Inauguration
- Why are we open?
- Chinese for Thanksgiving
- Pain Mismanagement
- It's been a while
- C Section
- Let's make sloppy joes
- A flies eye view
- Large Intestine Lying on a Table
- Lazy Weekend Trip to the Zoo
- Code Red